00:00The Israeli military said on Wednesday it would open criminal investigations into two high-profile incidents involving the killing of
00:07Palestinians during the war in Gaza.
00:09The first being the fatal shooting of 5-year-old Hind Rajab, while the second involves the killing of 15
00:15Palestinian paramedics.
00:17Hind Rajab was killed in February 2024, when Israeli troops opened fire on a vehicle she was traveling in with
00:24six of her relatives as they tried to flee the central Gaza city.
00:28Hind initially survived the attack that killed her entire family and remained on the phone with the Palestinian Red Crescent,
00:35who sought permission from Israel to go and rescue her until gunshots and screams were heard.
00:40Around two weeks later, Hind, her family, and the bodies of two paramedics dispatched to rescue her were found dead.
00:48In May 2025, 15 paramedics were killed in Rafah after Israeli troops opened fire on ambulances and other emergency vehicles
00:56responding to casualties.
00:58Their bodies and damaged vehicles were subsequently buried in a mass grave discovered by the UN and rescue workers about
01:05a week later.
01:06The Israeli military initially said the vehicles were advancing suspiciously without headlights or emergency signals,
01:13an account later revised after phone footage emerged showing the opposite.
01:17Both incidents drew widespread condemnation from the international community who accused Israel of targeting civilians and medical workers,
01:25both crimes under international law.
01:28The IDF did not, however, address several other high-profile killings it had previously pledged to investigate,
01:34including strikes on a hospital in August 2025 that killed five journalists.
01:38The IDF did not, however, address several other high-profile killings it had already maintained by the government.
Comments