Skip to playerSkip to main content
  • 2 days ago
The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has completed its investigation into a case involving former minister Datuk Dr Xavier Jayakumar, which was opened in 2021.

It said following the investigation and review, the Deputy Public Prosecutor decided to classify the case as "Kemas Untuk Simpan" (arrange for storage) in 2024 as there was insufficient evidence to charge Dr Xavier.

Read more at https://tinyurl.com/3f9v4aew

WATCH MORE: https://thestartv.com/c/news
SUBSCRIBE: https://cutt.ly/TheStar
LIKE: https://fb.com/TheStarOnline

Category

🗞
News
Transcript
00:01The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission on Wednesday said it had closed the case involving former Minister Datuk Dr Xavier Jayakumar,
00:10after completing a thorough probe and review of the facts, documents and evidence.
00:16They said they opened two investigation papers in 2021 under the MACC Act,
00:22but after three years of probe, the deputy public prosecutor decided to classify the case as arranged for storage as
00:30there was insufficient evidence to press charges against Xavier.
00:34The classification of arranged for storage means that an investigation paper has been completed, filed away and inactive,
00:43with no further action taken unless new evidence emerges.
00:47They said the duration of an investigation depended on the complexity of a case and the need to obtain, examine
00:54and verify relevant information and evidence.
00:58They assured that any investigation was conducted professionally and transparently.
01:04Xavier was the Water, Land and Natural Resources Minister from July 2018 to February 2020.
01:11He was investigated by the MACC over allegations on the awarding of contracts and accepting of gratification following the arrest
01:21of his aide.
01:22He resigned from the PKR Vice President Post and the party in 2021, but he rejoined the party earlier this
01:30week.
01:41He cette fin du re Update of cash as well .
Comments

Recommended